• Fluent in English & Japanese, with excellent communication and writing skills
• A minimum of ten years’ experience in a relevant research field including a closely related field such as financial or business journalism, or property or securities broking.
• Strong communication skills, with confidence in presenting to small and large groups.
• Good interpersonal skills, willingness to work as part of a team, and a conscientious, creative and enthusiastic character.
• Strong numeracy and good understanding of property markets, financial markets and general political and economic affairs.
• A self-starter, with the ability to draw on the resources of a large team but to work by himself or herself if necessary.
• A degree in a relevant area such as real estate, economics, or business administration would be an advantage, but is not essential.